Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Haas Family Cocktail

Fair warning. . . it might be a little early in the day for you to think about this, so perhaps you should postpone reading Campestral today until 5 o'clock. . . 

This is a Mount Gay Rum and Tonic, and I swear, it's like summer in a glass.  If you are feeling the winter blahs, try one of these puppies and it will help turn you around.  My parents first had one on a sail boat in the Caribbean in the 1960's, and picturing that scene (inserting myself there, of course!) makes drinking this cocktail like a mini vacation.  Don't forget at least one wedge of fresh lime juice!  It's essential!  Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. We're leaving for the beach tomorrow! I think we'll have to work these into the vacation routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lucky you! I don't think you'll regret it! They're really quite delicious.

    ReplyDelete