Friday, April 1, 2011

Baby Jives' Charming Hand-Sewn Mobiles

I have admired Jahje Ives sweet and colorful mobiles for what seems like for ever now.  But when I recently joined an Etsy team I was very happy to discover that she was one of the other members.  (For those of you who aren't complete Etsy addicts, or sellers, Etsy teams are little mini communitites of primarily Etsy sellers who get together and support each other in various ways.  Our team is a treasury building team, so we put together little curations of products available on Etsy and try to include and promote other members of our team.  Etsy is a very complicated and tangled web.  Layers and layers of involvement, like an onion, but usually with less crying)  For me, being a member of the team has been a great way to connect with other creative and inspiring people, like Jahje here.  So here are some more pictures of her studio, creation process, and her enchanting mobiles!  
All photos by Jahje Bath Ives

To browse through Baby Jives beautiful Etsy shop click here.
For more info on Jahje and her creative process click here.

6 comments:

  1. these are so darling, they almost make me wish I had a baby. :P

    sooo cute!

    lovely blog you have here, too. btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I love the elephant. Thank you for sharing.

    I also gave you a blog award! Stop by my blog to grab it! :) http://bythebookpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love them! Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this Rebecca. I agree with you that the best part of our team has been getting to know all the other great Etsy folks like you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great!!! I really want to try to do it, simply perfect! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her work so much....and that tiny little elephant?! gah. Love this....thanks hun! And yeah, I'm stalkin your blog....what of it? :)
    xo
    Melis

    ReplyDelete