Thursday, July 28, 2011

DIY: Make Your Own Inspiration Board

Good morning all, here is the little DIY project I promised you yesterday!  There are loads of ways to customize this project and make it your own with different fabrics and sizes.  I made mine very plain, because I knew I'd be hanging a lot of jewelry on it, but if you plan to use it as a bulletin board or organizational center it would be really fun to use a more splashy fabric!  The base I used for the board is called Homasote, and you can get it at your local home center.  It is a soundproofing material made from recycled paper and soft enough to put pushpins in.  Oh, and please excuse how close up all the photos are, I had to take them myself, so it was hard to back up far enough and still hold the stapler!  I hope it is clear enough to follow.  Feel free to hit me up with questions if you get stuck somewhere, and if any of you try this project out I'd love to see pics of the finished product!  Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! It came out great. I need to make exactly this same board (linen and all) to use for treating parchments at work. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete