Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lo Mein at Home

I know it must be the dead of winter because all I want to think about is food.  I mean, look at the last three posts!  Oh well, I'm going to go with it.  I am also working on a new line of jewelry for the Buyers Market of American Craft in February, so I'll have some new jewelry pics soon.  But for now, food.  
 One of the things about living in the boonies is that it is hard to get any kind of decent ethnic food.  We have to drive a good 45 minutes to get decent Chinese food, and that makes takeout kind of impossible.  So we make it, and with neither of us having a Chinese grandmother to pose questions to, sometimes it comes out better than others.  This recipe for lo mein was actually quite delicious, and I think tasted pretty close to the real thing (at least NYC Chinese takeout real thing, so take that for whatever it is worth).  I substituted tiny slivers of pork tenderloin in place of chicken, which I thought was very yummy. It was also pretty quick and easy, so if you live in the sticks like me, you should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment